Monday 10 April 2017

The Blackcoat's Daughter, and other things.

This week in my horror life.

I got permission from someone to record a story that absolutely filled me with delight. I'm still working on it, and my voice is getting steadily stronger. I am toying with the idea of using some music for once, having found some suitable copyright free music on YouTube.

I recorded my first Creepypasta story, and being able to use the Creepypasta label has not resulted in a hoped-for flood of subscribers and hits. Never mind. I enjoyed it, and I'll be doing a regular sweep for more new stories to do.

On my companion blog, http://unfilmable.blogspot.co.uk I have reviewed The Void movie. The short version is: it had many flaws, but they are compensated for by some mind-blowing special effects. Do go read the long version.

There are shadows that creep.

My friend Susan Taylor Chehak recommended that I watch The Black-Coat's Daughter, which I did. I was pleasantly surprised, for it was incredibly well shot, almost enough to qualify it as an art movie. The colour scheme of beige and cream and greyish-blue was calming, which perhaps it shouldn't have been, given the subject matter. The acting was decent, the plot intriguing. Initially I was sceptical because it seemed to set up the usual dichotomy: the family-orientated shy blonde, versus the family-deceiving Gothic brunette. Whilst I wish to avoid spoilers, I think it's safe to say that was quickly turned upon it's head.

You may find the plot difficult to follow at first, I certainly did, but it's worth the confusion. I advise you to watch carefully too. Do not get distracted by the internet or you might miss something important. There are shadows that creep. It is directed by Osgood Perkins, with music provided by Elvis Perkins, both sons of Anthony Perkins. Clearly a talented family. You may find it on YouTube behind a paywall under the original title of February. Give it a go!

                                                         My only Creepypasta, so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment